FrontierNav Weekly: 8 February 2021
- A lot of refactoring to move towards a text editor interface.
- Added "Add Entity" and "Add Property" buttons to Data Tables toolbar.
- Changed "Up" button icon to an actual upwards icon to avoid confusing it with the Back button.
- I'm still not happy with the behaviour but there are other priorities right now.
- Linked sidebar heading text to overview page for easier navigation.
- Added help links to maps and tables to go directly to the relevant documentation page.
- Fixed browser history adding the same entries when navigating to the same page over and over which make going back difficult and confusing.
If you would like to support FrontierNav please consider donating on Patreon. Doing so helps fund development and keep the project going.
I've mostly been making changes to introduce a generic editor interface for images and text. The main goal being to introduce a text editor that's been requested a few times by potential contributors looking for a wiki-like interface. This overlaps nicely with the need for an image editor/viewer since right now in the data tables you can only see a textual hash of the image.
Last week I mentioned ping-ponging between visual changes and decentralisation. However, I'm not happy with the progress on the visual front, it was mostly prep work, so I'll continue with that.
Thanks for reading.