FrontierNav Weekly: 2 November 2020
- Made page headings more consistent.
- Added titles to every page heading.
- Made page headings opaque when the page is scrolled.
- Replaced some sidebar headings with page headings.
- Dark and light colours are now shades of gray.
- Previously dark colours were shades of purple and light colours shades of yellow. This made the colours look "dirty" when viewed alongside the OS's and browser's light and dark themes.
- Removed footers in some sidebars on mobile to save screen space.
- Entities and Entity Types still have them for attribution.
- Prevent text selection outside of pages to avoid unexpected selections on missed clicks.
- Various other layout tweaks and polish.
- Various maintenance tasks.
- Attachment Columns now support drag and drop to upload files without having to go through the file select menu.
- Fixed data imports on Microsoft Windows not detecting CSV files due to how Excel sets incorrect mimetypes for CSV.
- Import/Export options for open changes are now called Open/Save.
- Uses recognisable common vocabulary from other software.
- Avoids confusing between Data Imports (CSV/JSON) and Change Imports (ZIP).
- Moved documentation from GitHub Wikis to GitBook.
- Documentation is now under
- Went through entire documentation and fixed inaccuracies from changed behaviours.
- Added page on "Importing Data".
Thank you to this week's patrons!
If you would like to support FrontierNav please consider donating on Patreon. Doing so helps fund development and keep the project going. Thank you.
The layout changes and polish from last month have provided a lot of momentum. So instead of squandering it, I'll embrace it. I want to share FrontierNav more widely and polish is exactly what's been holding me back.
This month I'll continue focusing on polish. I'll improve various Data Tables and Maps behaviours that have in the backlog for a while. The list of little features have been growing as I focused on larger features in the last few months. Things that you'd expect to be normal, like drag and drop.
Thanks for reading.