FrontierNav Weekly: 7 September 2020
- Added backgrounds to game pages.
- Added coloured themes to all game pages with a glass-like look.
- Lots of other theme changes for a consistent look and feel.
- Added Latest Games to home page.
- Added Latest Discussions to home page.
- Added a confirmation prompt when deleting a discussion.
- Moved Settings page under User pages.
- Fixed page banners flash resizing when loading a logo.
- Reduces font size of discussions and guides on mobile.
- Fixed images in sidebar not shows the option to open them in full resolution.
- Lots of internal maintenance work in preperation for future features.
Thank you to this week's patrons!
If you would like to support FrontierNav please consider donating on Patreon. Doing so helps fund development and keep the project going. Thank you.
I spent a lot of time last week on theming pages. The reason being I didn't really like how plain the "Community Guides" looked from last week. It took a lot longer than I thought to get everything looking right but I'm happy now with the results more or less.
A bonus to this work is that most of the colours are now stored in context-specific variables which I can use for future theming options like having a "Light Mode" for more light-hearted games like Animal Crossing.
I noticed I've mostly been listing changes in these weeklies to summarise the week's work, but I hardly ever show or demo them. Previously, I used to share new features in separate posts, but decided to put them in weeklies to reduce the number of posts I make. However, that just makes them hard to discover and bloats weeklies with too much detail. So I'll be going back to sharing new features as they're released.
I'll be going back to working on Community Guides next. Editing, drafting and unpublishing being the first things. Then I'll look into integrating it with Universal Search to quickly find relevant details. Once that's done, I can add Wiki-like pages to every entity using the same backbone as Community Guides.
Thanks for reading.