FrontierNav Weekly: 24 August 2020
- Added community guides.
- These are basic right now and only support plain markdown. I'll be improving them further over time.
- The link to create a guide isn't prominently displayed yet until I've made more quality-of-life improvements to the process (read below). Currently, it's under Game -> Guides -> Create a guide
- Discussion posts now support more markdown. Headings, lists, bold, italics, etc.
- Games and other cards now correctly fill the width of the page without leaving gaps.
- Removed Entity Types page to reduce navigation options.
- A list of Entity Types can now be found on the Guides page.
- Fixed Location and Join Date alignment in user profiles on mobile.
- More code maintenance in preperation for React 17.
- Removed r/frontiernav subreddit link.
- Subreddit is barely used and maintaining too many social networks is really tedious and fragments communication.
- Text in sidebars now switch from table layout to text blocks if they're longer than 32 characters to avoid getting squashed.
- Text blocks in sidebars that are longer than ~3 lines now start collapsed to reduce vertical scrolling.
- Placing a marker (right-click) now shows coordinates as
longitude, latitudeinstead of
latitude, longitudeas it's more natural.
- It was only the other way because the library I use uses it in that weird order.
- URLs still use the old order so that existing links still work as expected
- Added option in Map Marker page to "Copy GeoJSON" for use in Data Tables.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Added bug and fish descriptions.
Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Added some missing landmarks.
- Started linking "Treasure" locations with Segments
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Affinity Chart cells can now be marked as complete with double-click.
- I'll spread this feature to other areas over time (like map markers) so that there's a consistent way to quickly mark things as complete.
Support the project
Thank you to this week's patrons!
If you would like to support FrontierNav, please consider donating on Patreon. Doing so helps fund development and keeps the project going. Thank you.
There's still some more quality-of-life work to do on Community Guides. Editing, drafting, previewing, deleting, voting, etc. So I'll be working on those next. Then I'll actually use it to write a guide. After that I can work on augmenting it to work with other features like Universal Search to tie everything together.
I'll also spend some time adding more data for a few games. I did mention The Witcher 3 in a previous update, but I've changed my mind. Since more visitors are using FrontierNav for Xenoblade games, I'll focus on those games instead. I'll also add more Animal Crossing: New Horizons data as needed since I'm slowly playing through it.
Thanks for reading.