FrontierNav Report: December 2019
Here's some notable changes. For a more detailed list of changes, check out the weekly updates.
- Improved Maps (2019-12-28)
- Names are now visible when hovering over or selecting a marker.
- Introduced toggles to choose which markers are visible.
- Greatly improved querying capabilities to automatically suggest maps and markers based on search and custom filters.
- Xenoblade X is excluded from these improvements as it uses its own bespoke map logic.
- Sidebars are now entirely data-driven and no longer hard-coded. (2019-12-01)
- Entities and Entity Types are now all colour-coded. (2019-12-01)
- Tags and list items now use a common layout. (2019-12-17)
- Migrated all existing games to use data-driven logic instead of hard-coded logic to allow users to easily edit and change data and presentation. (2019-12-17)
- Various features and improvements to data tables and editors throughout the month.
I was hoping for a Nintendo Direct this month to confirm the date of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. That way I'd have a clear deadline to start adding data for it from the Wii game. I doubt a lot has changed between the two outside of additional content. Sadly, we got a measly Pokemon Direct so maybe next month.
I'll focus this month on getting the Image uploads process production ready. It's been in limbo for a while now and I have other features that can use a similar process.
I'll also be improving the Merge Request process to be more streamlined with less need to wait for me to approve and merge changes.
Thanks for reading.