FrontierNav Update (2016-03-20)
Better Location Markers and Categorisation
Finally decided on how I'm going to show all those locations on the map. There's just so many and so little space.
- Locations are now categorised (Scenic Viewpoint, Areas, Landmarks, Unexplored Territories).
- They are also colour coded based on this existing guide.
- Added fancy labelled location markers based on FrontierNav markers as seen in in-game-cutscene.
- Properly named previously generic cave locations.
- Made it easier on the backend to add more locations.
- This isn't visible in the frontend but it means I can add all those other locations with a lot less hassle. It's also a step towards user-generated content which is the end-goal for this project.
These changes may impact performance because of the number of markers that are now on the screen at any one time. Eventually, I'll add filters so the user can control the types of locations that are visible but for now it's not that bad. It will be a lot more sluggish once I'm done migrating all the data from the previously linked guide.